Team 5 invited to Regional Meeting for the WHO Emergency Medical Teams
Team 5 Foundation is excited and honored to announce that we will be traveling to Quito, Ecuador at the end of November to participate in a conference at the invitation of the World Health Organization. The World Health Organization (WHO), Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and Ministry of Public Health of Ecuador (MSP) have invited Team 5 Foundation to the Regional Meeting of the Americas for the WHO Emergency Medical Teams meeting in Quito, Ecuador from November 27 through November 29. As a certified WHO Emergency Medical Team from the United States, Team 5 Foundation will be participating in setting the regional agenda on the implementation of the WHO EMT initiative with other Member States to align coordination, readiness, response challenges and discuss regional developments.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- Raise awareness on global, regional, and national level developments of the EMT Initiative implementation;
- Consolidate best practices for mobile teams and field hospitals readiness and preparedness based on the country experience;
- Build regional capacities through the promotion of standards and minimum requirements for EMT operations during emergency response;
- Strengthen coordination, deployment, and operations during emergency response;
- Identify key regional and national priorities to enable the EMT initiative implementation agenda during 2018-2019.
By the end of the event, the participants will:
- Align priorities between Member States and EMT providers under the EMT Initiative umbrella;
- Consolidate on best practices for preparedness, readiness, response, and coordination of mobile teams and field hospitals based on the Regional and National Experience;
- Capacity building on standards and minimum requirements to improve quality of medical services provided by EMT during response to sudden on-set disasters.
By bringing together the key stakeholders of the EMT initiative, this meeting will provide a platform for the regional EMT community, donors and Member States to come together to engage in strategy consultations on the EMT initiative implementation. The concept note and detailed agenda for the event is enclosed for your kind consideration.